Thursday, February 23, 2012

I understand but you don't

Since our loss I have been told a few different times that I need to be grateful we have been blessed twice with our 2 boys. Yes, I am grateful and very aware of the 2 miracles we have but it doesn't make loosing a baby any easier. We wanted that baby, we loved it from the moment we knew I was pregnant, told family & friends, saw a heart beat and started plans for the baby to be welcomed into our lives....I talked to that baby, told it I love you and even told our oldest who is 3.5 yrs old that mommy had a baby in her belly...so yes although we have been blessed with 2 boys you have to remember that baby was a BABY to us..one we loved for the 12 weeks I was pregnant.

I do not wish a loss on anyone...its truly one of the hardest things I have ever had to deal with and in my life there are things I rather just not ever experience again...background: When I was 16 yrs old my mom was diagnosed with breast cancer, When I was months before my wedding I was told I needed surgery to removed rapidly growing pre-cancerous cells in my cervix, after my surgery I was told I have scar tissue in my cervix so having a baby may not be in my cards and if I get pregnant I may have problems carrying to term. We were told "healthy" couples can try for a baby for a year and still not get pregnant and here I am with a scarred cervix....for almost a year I did not think we would ever have kids but yes....

We were blessed with 2 and they are miracles to us. I thank god for them every day, I thank my husband for them any chance I can get and my life IS my boys. They are the reason I get up every day and the reason I decided to give up the new car, brand new house and designer clothes because being home with them every day was way more of a importance!

I just get so tired of hearing "well you have 2"...yes we do have 2 however we want 3!

No comments:

Post a Comment